Q: What's a defective fuel shutoff valve? Jeep - year unknown

What's the fuel shutoff valve for my jeep Cherokee, where can I find it in my car?

A: Hello - you don't mention a year for yo...

Hello - you don't mention a year for your Jeep, so I'll take a shot at what is meant by "fuel shutoff valve". In the fuel injection system, there is a fuel check valve, which keeps a small amount of pressure in the engine portion of the fuel system. This is to making starting faster. That check valve is usually part of the fuel pump assembly. If it fails, longer cranking before the engine starts is the primary symptom. There is a device (often a flex hose) in the fuel pump assembly that separates the fuel pump from the fuel pickup during a collision, effectively shutting off the fuel supply, and reducing the risk of fire. This is sometimes referred to as a fuel shutoff valve. I hope one of these 2 descriptions fits your scenario.