Q: What rims can I use

My dodge ram 1500 is completely stock and the specs for the car says it has a 5x139.7 bolt pattern on the rims. My question is do i have to get rims that are specifically 5x139.7 or can i get 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern rims?

With the information you have given, I cannot say exactly which type of rims you may, or may not, be able to use, exactly. In your original question you asked about both 5x139.7 and 6x139.7 sizes. First off, the 5x and 6x you refer to normally refers to the number of lug nuts the wheel will have. Meaning, 5x has 5 lug nuts, and 6x has 6 lug nuts. The limited research I was able to do revealed that the truck you listed could have had 5, 6, or 8 lug nuts, depending on the factory options, and whether it was 2 or 4 wheel drive. Of course, the bottom line is that you will at the minimum need to get rims with the same number of lugs. Secondly, the 139.7 component that you referred to is the metric sizing of the lug nut spacing, and when converted to imperial, actually is 5.5 inches. So if you have a 5x139.7 wheel, you can either look for that number to match up, or use a wheel that is 5x5.5. Next, you will need to be sure the wheel you choose has a center opening that is at least the same size, to clear the axle center flange. Lastly, you will need to be sure that the backspacing is correct for your given vehicle. This means the distance from the inside of the wheel mounting flange to the inner edge of the tires bead.

3. What rims can I use