Q: What repairs are likely in years 5 - 10? - 2012 Audi A4 Quattro

I am looking to buy a 2012 Audi A4 quattro from a dealer. It already has 85,000 miles on it. The car looks and drives wonderfully, but I'm wondering what I should expect during the next five years in the way of typical large cost repairs for a car this old. If you can advise, it would help greatly. Thanks. Phil

Hello. This is a relatively trouble-free vehicle and attention to normal maintenance will help you avoid large expenses. Always use synthetic oil, since this is a turbocharged engine. Be sure to change timing belt components at the recommended intervals. Fuel supply issues (fuel pumps, fuel gauges) are a bit problematic on the Quattro model(s).

I would recommend having a Pre-Purchase Car Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, which will give you a more precise sense of the quality of the car you are buying.

3. What repairs are likely in years 5 - 10? - 2012 Audi A4 Quattro