Q: What precautions should I take if the brake pedal does not feel normal?

What precautions should I take if the brake pedal does not feel normal?

Your Accord is designed with a redundant braking system (called a dual circuit system). In the event of a failure, it’s designed to provide normal braking from the other two wheels (each circuit controls two wheels, rather than one circuit for all four). If the pedal feels abnormal or the Brake light on your dash comes on, here’s what you need to do:

1. Press the pedal lightly. Does it go down farther than usual? This is a sign that one circuit has malfunctioned.

2. Drive in a lower gear (or downshift) to slow the car.

3. Pull over on the side of the road (in a safe place).

4. Have the car towed.

5. If you have no choice but to drive, do so slowly and remember that braking will take much longer than usual.

3. What precautions should I take if the brake pedal does not feel normal?