Q: What precautions should I take before starting to drive?

What precautions should I take before starting to drive?

Your SUV is very different from a normal passenger car, and even from trucks, although it shares some characteristics of pickup trucks. There are several important precautions and considerations you need to take before getting on the road. Here’s what you need to know:

• Your car has a high center of gravity. This means it is at a greater risk for rollovers during turns and other sharp maneuvers.

• Do not attempt to corner at speed. It may result in rolling your vehicle over.

• Heavy loading (interior cargo and/or pulling a trailer) will dramatically change your vehicle’s handling characteristics. Be cautious. Avoid overloading your vehicle.

3. What precautions should I take before starting to drive?