Q: What precautions should I follow if the temperature gauge reaches the red mark?

What precautions should I follow if the temperature gauge reaches the red mark?

Normally, your car’s temperature gauge should remain in the middle range, but if it reaches the red point, there are several important safety precautions you should follow. Here’s what you need to know:

• Never drive your car with the temperature gauge in the red – this can cause serious damage to the engine.

• Never open your hood if steam or spray is escaping.

• Only open the hood after all signs of steam/spray have dissipated.

• Never open a radiator cap if it is hot to the touch. Always wait until it has cooled to prevent burns from hot coolant.

• Always carry a jug of coolant with you for emergency needs.

3. What precautions should I follow if the temperature gauge reaches the red mark?