Q: What precautions should be taken with the supplemental restraint system in a Nissan Altima?

What precautions should be taken with the supplemental restraint system in a Nissan Altima?

Your Altima’s supplemental restraint system (SRS) is designed to augment your seat belts during an impact, but there are several things you should know about both how the system operates, and how to ensure you’re using it correctly.

1. Air bags will not deploy unless the key is turned to the on position.

2. Always sit as far back in the seat as possible to prevent potential injury during air bag inflation.

3. If the Air Bag Off light is on in the dash, it means that the passenger front air bag is off (due to no or non-adult weight detected in the seat).

4. Never put your hands inside the steering wheel while driving as it could increase your chances of injury.

5. Sitting incorrectly in the seat could increase your chance of injury even with an air bag.

6. Make sure Children are seated correctly, or they could be injured or killed by an air bag inflating.

3. What precautions should be taken with the supplemental restraint system in a Nissan Altima?