Q: What precautions should be taken with the seat belts?

What precautions should be taken with the seat belts?

A: While there’s not a lot that you need to do...

While there’s not a lot that you need to do to use your car’s seat belts properly, there are some precautions that should be followed to ensure that you and your passengers are as safe as possible while you’re on the road. Here’s what you should know:

• Children should be seated in the back, never in the front.

• Children too young or too small to sit in the seat unaided should be in a booster seat or appropriate car seat.

• Never let a child sit in your lap while the car is moving.

• Never share a seat belt with a child or another person.

• All passengers should be buckled up while the car is moving (as should the driver). Never rely on air bags to protect you.

• Pregnant women driving or riding in the car should wear a seat belt (and it should be adjusted properly).