Q: What precautions should be followed when driving?

What precautions should be followed when driving?

As with driving any other car, there are specific precautions that should be followed when you get on the road with your Civic. Most of these are basic rules of the road, but some are specific to the car you’re driving. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Don’t drive through deep water. It can cause electrical damage, and even damage

your car’s engine.

1. Always stop and check the underside of the car when you hear a loud noise from underneath.

2. Don’t shift gears while accelerating as this can damage the transmission.

3. Don’t shift to neutral while driving as it eliminates both acceleration and engine

braking.

1. If the heater or air conditioner is on, make sure to firmly press the brake pedal at stops as the car’s likelihood of creeping is higher.

2. If you quickly press the gas pedal to the floor while driving uphill, the transmission will shift to a lower gear. Be prepared for additional acceleration.

3. What precautions should be followed when driving?