Q: What precautions should be followed regarding seating and Restraints?

What precautions should be followed regarding seating and Restraints?

It’s important that you follow the right safety precautions involving seating and Restraints while driving or riding in your car. Here are a few of the most important things to know:

• Never recline the seat all the way while riding in the car, as you may slide under the belt during an impact.

• Cargo should never be higher than the backs of the front seats, or it could injure the driver and front passenger in an accident.

• If you adjust a seatback, make sure that it has latched completely before getting back on the road.

• If the car is moving, don’t adjust the driver’s seat or seatback.

• Make sure that the seat belt fits correctly with the lap belt over your hips and the shoulder belt across your chest and over the shoulder.

• What precautions should be followed regarding seating and Restraints?