Q: What precautions should be followed regarding seating and Restraints?

What precautions should be followed regarding seating and Restraints?

A: It’s important that you follow the right sa...

It’s important that you follow the right safety precautions involving seating and Restraints while driving or riding in your car. Here are a few of the most important things to know:

• Never recline the seat all the way while riding in the car, as you may slide under the belt during an impact.

• Cargo should never be higher than the backs of the front seats, or it could injure the driver and front passenger in an accident.

• If you adjust a seatback, make sure that it has latched completely before getting back on the road.

• If the car is moving, don’t adjust the driver’s seat or seatback.

• Make sure that the seat belt fits correctly with the lap belt over your hips and the shoulder belt across your chest and over the shoulder.