Q: What precautions should be followed regarding child seating?

What precautions should be followed regarding child seating?

Protecting your children while you’re on the road is essential. While that means you need to invest in a decent car seat or booster seat for small children, you also need to follow a few additional precautions. Here’s what you need to know:

• Never let children share a seat belt.

• Never let one child sit in another’s lap (and never let a child sit in your lap).

• Never put children in the front seat.

• If you absolutely have no choice about putting a child in the front seat, it should be the oldest/largest.

• Never put a rear facing car seat in the front passenger seat under any conditions.

• Never use anything but a booster seat to raise your child’s seating position (pillows, books, etc.).

• Always make sure that car seats and booster seats are properly secured with the seat belt and the anchor/latch system.

3. What precautions should be followed regarding child seating?