Q: What possible issues could we have down the road with a minor rear-impact collision?

We are looking at purchasing a used Tiguan. The auto-check report shows a rear-impact collision. No salvaged title and no visible damage. The auto check report gives a score of 86, which we assume means a minor accident (report says similar vehicles score between 81-87). Just inquiring about possible issues we may look for down the road and if, in a professional's opinion, it isn't wise to purchase a vehicle with this type of accident.

Before you purchase the vehicle you should have a pre-purchase inspection done to look into any issues that may not be immediately apparent. Make sure the inspector knows about the rear end damage so they can inspect to see if the damage was fixed completely and is not just superficial. If you are serious about the car, this will help you have more peace of mind when you are making your purchasing decision.

3. What possible issues could we have down the road with a minor rear-impact collision?