Q: What parts do I need if I'm getting a few codes

What parts should I buy if my car is having codes such as: bank 1 and 2 are running too lean, shift solenoid in transmission, camshaft sensor 1 and 2. Also, with my Lexus when it's on it's idling pretty rough and when I try to use my ac it seems to cut my car off.

Hi there. To be honest, with the information you’ve provided, the list of parts you would need to possibly resolve these codes would include more than 50 individual components. An error code might be related to a specific system (like the Bank One running too lean code for an example). Although it’s assumed that the component responsible for this might be an O2 sensor, the question that needs to be diagnosed correctly is - which one? Further, it could be a catalytic converter issue, EGR valve problem, igniting timing problem caused by a faulty spark plug or wire, or a damaged fuel injector / fuel injector electrical connection. Even the shift solenoid code may not be the solenoid itself being the fault. In most cases actually, its the wiring harness that is at faulty. The best way to diagnose what is causing each code, is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection. This will allow them to download all stored codes, and pinpoint the source of the malfunction.

3. What parts do I need if I'm getting a few codes