Q: what modification i need tot do to place ford engine duratec 1.8 L QQDB form a ford focus 2 on the 2007 mx 5

are the camshaft the same , I get no spark I think this is the issue I have just 1 signal from the camsensor and I have 3 new sensor all behaveing the same

If the engine you are attempting to use, and its accompanying complement of sensors and controls, is not listed in the catalog as a direct interchange, the problem you are facing is the engine computers of the two engines (PCM/ECM) are not interchangeable. If you are switching to an engine that uses a different computer, you have to carry over the donor vehicle’s electric system (PCM) in order to get the new set up to work properly. Short of that option, which is difficult enough, you have to basically re-engineer the system. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• what modification i need tot do to place ford engine duratec 1.8 L QQDB form a ford focus 2 on the 2007 mx 5