Q: What kind of maitenance costs could I expect from a 2002 deville? I only ask because their value is so low.

I just want to know if it's worth buying a used Cadillac.

It is difficult to predict future repair costs or issues. Will it have issues to deal with ? Most certainly. I say that not just because it is a Cadillac. I say that because it is a 15 year old vehicle with over 160,000 miles. Even if all maintenance records are available - which is a good thing - it will show the vehicle has been taken care of. However, even with proper maintenance, things wear out and break eventually. For example, the anti-lock brake pump can cost over $2000 to replace. A transmission replacement can cost $3000-$5000. Consider also that repairs and parts replacement do not increase the value of the vehicle as much as people think. If the vehicle has a value of $5000, spending $3000 in repairs does not increase the value to $8000. It is still a $5000 vehicle. Look into having a pre-purchase inspection done before buying this or any vehicle. If the price is low enough and there are no apparent issues, you may get some trouble-free usage out of the vehicle.

• What kind of maitenance costs could I expect from a 2002 deville? I only ask because their value is so low.