Q: What kind of gas should I use in my vehicle?

What kind of gas should I use in my vehicle?

A: When refueling your car, you should always ...

When refueling your car, you should always use unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87 or higher.

Q: My car cranks but wont start

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), and contaminated or...

Q: Spark knocking in car

Your neighbor is correct, your particular model does not have an EGR valve. I suggest that you have a technician check the condition of the spark plugs and test the spark plug wires. Either of those of those components are...

Q: Exhaust pipe oil leak

The oil pan may appear wet, but the leak may be running down from a higher place on the engine. The valve cover gaskets or camshaft seals may also be leaking down. Washing down the engine and adding U/V dye...