Q: What kind of coolant should I use?

What kind of coolant should I use?

A: You should only use coolant with between 35...

You should only use coolant with between 35% and 60% antifreeze. Never use an alcohol or methanol coolant.

Q: Loud squealing sound and burning rubber smell

As you know, when your car is started in cold weather in the mornings, the belts are also cold and much less pliable than when they are warm. As the engine speeds up at a much faster pace than the...

Q: Trying to find the name of a part 1993 Ford F350 5.8L

HI there - this part is called either a coolant temperature sensor housing or tower (Ford part #18599), depending on which manuals you look at. It was a way for Ford to plug 2 sensors into an area that previously...

Q: A/C will not put out cold air.

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. These AC system are very sensitive and if the pressure isn't tested with the correct gauge and gives and incorrect reading, this will affect how well the system works. I highly recommend that...