Q: What keys should I have?

What keys should I have?

Your car should have come with three keys (but two different types of keys). Here’s what you should know:

1. You should have two master keys. These are smart keys that include both a mechanical key (the shaft) and a remote.

2. You should have one valet key, which does not include any remote functions.

3. You should also have a key number tag that must be used when you buy new/replacement keys for the car.

Tips

• All three keys are tied into your car’s immobilizer system.

• The valet key should be used for valeting the car or for other situations where you do * not want to let someone use the master key.

• Don’t leave any key in direct sunlight or expose it to high temperatures.

• Don’t get your keys wet – it can damage the electronics inside.

• If your key doesn’t work, it will need to be reprogrammed.

3. What keys should I have?