Q: What is wrong with my turn signals

Nothing happens when I use my turn signals unless my foot is on the brake. Thenot when I take my foot off thearly brake they stop working. The drivers side will blink if my foot is on the brake but passengers side just lights up. I have replaced the fuse so no clue what else to have replaced. Could it be wiring? What else can I do to find out what it is without costing alot? I am on disability so money is tight but need to get it fixed. Please help me figure out what it could be.

Hello, thank you for writing in. This is not an uncommon problem. Typically issues with the two systems interfering with each other comes from a wiring problem. The wires may be corroded or have a bad physical connection. These wires may have also become exposed and may be touching. The best thing to do is start with a visual inspection and look for any obvious damage. Lack of conduit around the wires, corosion, and loose wires are some things to look for. This minor damage may be repaired which would save you from having to replace them. This can be costly and time consuming.