Q: What is wrong with my car?

Car starts up but when it warms up it stays on high/rough idle and when in drive, it jerks when it tries to fast accelerate. I changes throttle body but no luck. Auto zone gave ne codes, p0117, p1217. Coolant Temperature sensor and engine overheating. But gauge does not show overheating.

Hi, it sounds like you are having a few issues with your car. The P0117 code you received is the coolant temp sensor failure. Although your gauge is not reading high, with the coolant temp sensor failing, the gauge will not register an overheating issue. Your first step would be replacing the coolant temp sensor. Then you would want to have the vehicle block tested in order to ensure the head gasket is not leaking. If you need help, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to inspect your trouble codes and overheating issue.

3. What is wrong with my car?