Q: What is wrong with my car?

So I got a car not to long ago and I went to drive it to work and halfway thru the trip the car sputtered out and died. The car has a squealing noise when it starts and is sitting at idle but the noise lowers but is still there when I am driving. I am pretty sure it isn't the alternator because that was replaced about six months ago. So I have no idea what is wrong with the car

Is the check engine light illuminated on the dashboard? Stalling problems may come up when there are parts failing like the crankshaft position sensor, worn spark plugs or an old fuel pump. The squealing noise you are hearing may be a loose belt. Though the alternator was replaced not too long ago, if the belt came loose this can cause poor performance as the belt will slip and the alternator will not charge the battery properly which can cause the battery to die and the car to stall. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the vehicles stalling problem and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. What is wrong with my car?