Q: What is the tension for the camshaft

Over hauling the engine and need to know the torte or tension for the camshaft and connecting rods

To begin, you need the "torque" specifications for the crankshaft main bearings and connecting rod bearings. They are as follows:

Tighten one cap at a time then turn the crankshaft to see if it turns smoothly. Do this for both the main bearing caps and the rod bearing caps. This way, after tightening a bearing cap, if it becomes hard to turn, you know where there is a problem.

MAIN BEARINGS:

For the ten bolts that are directly over the crankshaft:

On the first path, torque them to 33 ft lbs. On the second pass, turn them all another 90 degrees. If your not aware, be sure to begin with the center cap and work your way out in both directions.

The remaining outer ten bolts should be torqued to 14 ft lbs.

ROD BEARINGS:

First pass, 15 ft lbs. Second pass turn an additional 90 degrees.

Remember to turn the crankshaft after torquing each and every bearing cap, main, or rod.

Good luck with your build.

3. What is the tension for the camshaft