Q: What is the smell ?

Hello I just had my spark plugs, wires, valve cover gasket changes . I had a leak so I needed it changed because I was consuming a lot of oil . Anyway so I went to a shop and got it changed. However after about 20 minutes I guess after the car heated up to normal temp I saw smoke and it smelled. I called and they said the oil is burning off , when he changed the gasket I guess. Is that true? It's only when the car is hot and it doesn't last long it just looks like I guess the excessive oil might of got onto the engine or something. It's coming from behind the engine not on top where the part was replaced. Should I go somewhere else? Or get a refund?

A: Hello. You should take it back to the perso...

Hello. You should take it back to the person that did the work to see if what they did is leaking or it is just residue from the leaking gasket you had. Give the shop a chance to correct the problem first or at least check the possible leak or residue. If you want to take the car elsewhere, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair the smell.