Q: What is the real problem with my car?

I was driving my car there is did something weird.It seems like it was going to stop or slow down so I press on the gas and it didn't move for a bit.Then the car jerks forward with a little speed and made a weird noise.Then I seen on the dashboard it read transmission service needs now.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

This is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. What is the real problem with my car?