Q: What is the prcedure of replacing an accelerator pump on a 73 monte carlo with a 2 BBl

car stumbles upon acceleration and dies out. OK at idle and light acceleration then falls flat on it's face. Fuel pump replaced a little over a year ago along with recent fuel filter replacement

A: For a carburetor and car of this age I woul...

For a carburetor and car of this age I would not recommend just trying to install another accelerator pump in the carburetor. The fuel system in this car was not designed to work with the new fuels in use today with the alcohol in the fuels. The alcohol will cause the rubber to deteriorate in the carburetor and rubber fuel lines. I would only recommend having the carburetor overhauled or replaced using new stock parts that have the alcohol resistance rubber parts and replace rubber hoses in the fuel system with new alcohol resistance fuel hoses.