Q: What is the part number for the part that adjusts the aim of the headlights?

When trying to adjust the driverside headlight the screw spins freely and does not change the aim of the light itself(it works just fine on the passenger side.) I need the part number so I can order or buy the part to replace it. This is for my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The part seems to have the screws inside a small black box that can twist in and out of the socket behind the headlights.

The OEM part number for the driver side (left) headlamp assembly that contains the adjusting mechanism is 55156351AK. The adjusting mechanism is not vended separately. The OEM assembly is about $300 and the aftermarket assembly (sold on Amazon for instance) is $100. You can also obtain an OEM used headlamp assembly by searching at Car-Part.com. Given the availability of a new aftermarket part at $100, I would not recommend spending more than $50 max on a used one and that would have to be in very good condition to make it worth it. If you want the headlight assembly replaced and adjusted by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request headlight assembly replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. What is the part number for the part that adjusts the aim of the headlights?