Q: What is the MyKey® system?

What is the MyKey® system?

Your car is equipped with the MyKey® system. This is a unique system that allows you to set certain parameters for various keys. It’s designed for drivers who need to learn responsible driving habits, so it makes an ideal solution for teen drivers, as well as others.

The system has a number of standard restrictions, as well as optional settings that can be programmed in to limit functionality while the specified key is in the ignition. Normal keys (non-MyKey® keys, called admin keys), do not have these restrictions, although they can be changed to MyKeys® by programming them as such.