Q: What is the MyKey® system?

What is the MyKey® system?

A: Ford’s MyKey® system is designed to let you...

Ford’s MyKey® system is designed to let you assign different driving limits to different keys. You’ll have one master key, and then at least one key that can be set up with restrictions. The point of the system is to help “promote responsible driving behavior.”

There are several different restrictions that can be set for different keys, and each key can have its own unique set to suit the individual using that key. Here are a few of the different standard and optional restrictions:

• The Belt Minder® system can’t be turned off.

• The low fuel reminder is more visible and persistent.

• Safety systems cannot be turned off (blind spot information system, reverse sensing system, cross traffic system, etc.).

• Vehicle speed is limited to no more than 80 MPH.

• A visual warning will show on the dash if a preset speed is exceeded (you can choose from 45, 55 or 65 MPH).

• The radio’s volume is limited to just 45% of maximum.

• The AdvanceTrac® system is on permanently and cannot be disabled by the driver.