Q: Q: I have an oil leak.

The van has the "check engine" on the dashboard of the van for years. It's been leaking oil for 2-3 years. I try not to drive it too far each day. Mostly up to 3 miles a day for up to 6 days a week. One weekend a month I drive it total of about 80 miles. I would like to get it fix, but afraid of the cost. How much will it cost to stop oil leakage? Can I order parts to minimize the expense?

Thanks, Gem

The first step to the process of this repair is to find the main places the oil leaks are coming from. After all of this time, there may be one large one or multiple small leaks. Common places are valve cover gaskets, oil pans and other seals. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the leaking oil and offer a more personal diagnosis as well as estimate any necessary repairs.

3. Q: I have an oil leak.