Q: WHAT IS THE DIAGNOSTIC AND HOW CAN I FIX THIS,,PLEASE

I HAVE A 05 CHEVY IMPALA FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS IT HAS BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ACCELERATING AT TIMES. RANDOMLY IT DELAYS ACCELERATING IT REVS UP WHEN YOU PUSH THE GAS BUT DOES NOT GO OVER 30 MILES UNTIL IT KICKS IN THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS WHEN IT FIRST STARTED IT RARELY DID IT BUT LATELY IT HAS BEEN DOING MORE OFTEN AND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME EVEN SOMETIMES WHEN IM ON THE FREEWAY..SCARY TODAY WHEN I WAS HEADING HOME FROM WORK IT WAS ACTING UP SO I HAD TO RIDE THE FITA ALL OF A SUDDEN WHEN I CAME TO A COMPLETE STOP AT A LIGHT IT COMPLETELY TURNED OF AND WOULD NOT CRANK BACK UP THE BATTERY LIGHT ON MY DASHBOARD ILLUMINATED RED. THE CAR WOULD CRANK BUT THEN ALMOST IMMEDIATELY TURN BACK OFF I HAD TO GET IT TOWED PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON

A: Hi there: Unfortunately, without physicall...

Hi there:

Unfortunately, without physically inspecting your 2005 Chevy Impala, it's virtually impossible to correctly diagnose this issue. However, engine stumbling or acceleration issues can be caused by faulty fuel and air system components like mass air flow sensors, O2 sensors or dirty or clogged fuel injectors and throttle body. It can also be due to ignition system parts like the crankshaft position sensor which impacts ignition timing. The best thing for you to do is contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete a car has slow acceleration problems inspection first, so they can accurately determine what's wrong with the Impala and what repairs need to be completed.