Q: WHat is the CAN and how do I find it?

I had the engine light come on and checked the OBD. I got error code P0672 Generator Field/ Terminal Circuit. You site says there are problems with the CAN but doesn't say where it is and how I find it.

A: Hello. P0672 is usually associated with a b...

Hello. P0672 is usually associated with a bad generator or battery. The first things I would do is check to make sure that the battery is charged and that the generator is putting out power. CAN, when used in reference to automobiles, is the name for the computer systems that vehicle's use. Short for Controller Area Network, CAN is the series of circuits, wires, and sensors that the vehicle uses to control engine performance, as well as a wide variety of other functions. If your vehicle has a problem with the CAN system it is likely computer or sensor related. I would have the trouble code diagnosed and then go from there.