Q: What is the actual name of the steering colomn actuator

So i believe my steering colomn actuator went out, when i turn my key there is no resistance, it doesnt activate the battery or anything, already replaced the lock cylender, but i dont know the technical name for the "steering colomn actuator" id like to know that so i could go get a new one, and find out how to replace it

Hello, thank you for writing in. The cylinder in which you insert the key and turn to start the vehicle is known as the "ignition lock cylinder". This is responsible for verifying the key matches and provides a way to activate the rest of the ignition components. The "sector" is the component that transfers the energy from the key to the "ignition switch actuator rack". This rack is connected to the "ignition switch actuator rod". From there the battery, fuel system, and other starter components are activated and waiting to be engaged. These components can be replaced as a full unit, or they can be replaced individually. For more help resolving any issues with the ignition system, you may contact our service department.

3. What is the actual name of the steering colomn actuator