Q: what is really wrong?

There is a rattling, grinding sound coming from the drivers side wheel, I thought thatbit might've been brake pads or something but I took it in and took the mechanic for a drive and it stopped, but now it has began to persist, I was told it was something minor in the suspension on the front in, like a strut or sway bar link that maybe broken or something, in need of expert knowledge

Hi there. Any professional mechanic would agree, that in order to effectively diagnose a problem as you’re describing, a test drive to attempt to replicate the symptoms is needed. Based on your input however, I would tend to believe that your wheel bearings are faulty or require replacement. One [warning sign of a wearing out wheel bearing](https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-bad-or-failing-wheel-bearings is a loud grinding or roaring sound that comes from the tire area of your car. This is caused by excess heat that has built up inside the wheel bearing and losing a lot of its lubricity. Essentially it’s a metal-to-metal sound that you’re hearing. It’s also common that you’ll hear this from one, specific wheel and not both sides at the same time. I would recommend that you have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection first, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

3. what is really wrong?