Q: What is it when you add antifreeze to your car every few days and your car never run hot

I'm adding antifreeze to my car every few days. For some reason my cooling system light keeps coming on and turning off when I turn my heater on over 72°. Now it's staying on more, even afterwards.

If you have to add more than a cup of coolant in a 6 month time frame from normal evaporation then you have a leak. The coolant leak can be identified as an external or an internal leak. If you do not see any leaks on the ground from the cooling system and engine then you may have an internal engine leak from head gasket. Have the system checked by pressure testing the cooling system to identify where the leak is.

• What is it when you add antifreeze to your car every few days and your car never run hot