Q: What is it if a 1998 Jeep Cherokee starts overheating after 10-15 mins, and yesterday I tried to ride it out and the power steering

what is it if a 1998 jeep cherokee starts overheating after 10-15 mins, and yesterday i tried to ride it out and the power stearing and brakes went out. is it just the radiator??

Hi there. Usually the only component that works with power steering, brakes, and the cooling system (water pump in this case) would be a serpentine belt. If the belt was broken, it would stop turning the water pump; which would cause the engine to overheat.

If it’s attached to the power steering pump and brake booster, it would also impact those systems as well. You should have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle for a broken serpentine belt or overheating problem as soon as possible.

3. What is it if a 1998 Jeep Cherokee starts overheating after 10-15 mins, and yesterday I tried to ride it out and the power steering