Q: What is it if a 1998 Jeep Cherokee starts overheating after 10-15 mins, and yesterday I tried to ride it out and the power steering

what is it if a 1998 jeep cherokee starts overheating after 10-15 mins, and yesterday i tried to ride it out and the power stearing and brakes went out. is it just the radiator??

A: Hi there. Usually the only component that w...

Hi there. Usually the only component that works with power steering, brakes, and the cooling system (water pump in this case) would be a serpentine belt. If the belt was broken, it would stop turning the water pump; which would cause the engine to overheat.

If it's attached to the power steering pump and brake booster, it would also impact those systems as well. You should have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle for a broken serpentine belt or overheating problem as soon as possible.