Q: Acceleration issues.

The car to not accelerate as soon as I press on the gas. The car just got a brand new mass air flow system.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello. Slow acceleration can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are issues with the vehicle’s fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, ignition coil, or an engine sensor, fail or have an issue they can lead to all sorts of performance problems with the engine. A faulty component can throw off the entire engine management system which can cause the engine to misfire, experience a loss in power and acceleration, as well as a drop in fuel efficiency. If the check engine light is on retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. As the possibilities could be many, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your acceleration issues.

3. Acceleration issues.