Q: What is causing temp to go up and seems like car doesn't have usual power.

Replaced thermostat &pump fri plus added coolant. Light came on yesterday. added coolant this am. Now this afternoon almost 7hrs later after not using car for that time temp is going up? About 3 notches after 200. Turned heater went dwn a little. What could be the problem?

This can be caused by a number of factors such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. A YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Temperature Warning Light is On Inspection on your vehicle and help you diagnose this issue and recommend repairs.

• What is causing temp to go up and seems like car doesn't have usual power.