Q: What is causing my car to overheat?

My car overheats when I'm driving but the temperature gauge goes up and down. I'm live in new Mexico, exactly at bernalillo and we been having very hot heatwaves. I already changed water pump, radiator cap, and thermostat, and heat sensor. I just change a hose that goes to the engine because it had a rupture. Also I check the engine oil and is low, I can say that the engine oil is my fault but my question is what could be causing that? Note : the fan works fine.

You sound like you have been running your car low on oil and had issues with the cooling system. The oil loss you have can be normal. You should be note as to the mileage when it is full and after 500 miles check the level and add oil while noting how much. Do this every 500 miles and after you have driven for about 3000 miles see how much oil is used per 1000 miles. If you have to add less than a quart of oil per 1000 miles then this should be okay. If you are adding a quart every 500 miles without overfilling it then you will need to have a shop check the engine for excessive oil consumption.

As far as the overheating it could be from running low on oil. If you continue to overheat when the oil is full then have a mechanic come and check the coolant flow through the radiator to see if it has restrictions. If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your overheating issue and make the necessary repairs. Good luck.

3. What is causing my car to overheat?