Q: What is a tire identification number and what does it mean?

What is a tire identification number and what does it mean?

Each tire on your Accord is labeled with a tire identification number (TIN). This number identifies different things about the car. It should begin with the letters DOT, and then contain a mix of letters and numbers. It includes information such as:

• DOT means that the tire does meet federal DOT requirements.

• The first four letters and numbers after DOT identify the tire manufacturer.

• The next four letters and number identify the tire type.

• The last four digits are the year and week of manufacturing.

3. What is a tire identification number and what does it mean?