Q: What interior items should be checked before driving?

What interior items should be checked before driving?

A: There are several things on the outside of ...

There are several things on the outside of your car that should be checked, but you also need to pay attention to the interior. Here are a few important interior checks to conduct before you hit the pavement:

1. Cargo: Make sure your car isn’t overloaded. Overloading adds stress to all

components and reduces fuel economy.

1. Objects on the Floor: Make sure there are no objects on the floor of the driver side that might roll under the pedals.

2. Doors: Double check that all the doors are closed.

3. Seat: Make sure your seat is adjusted properly for the right distance between the steering wheel and the pedals.

4. Seat Belt: Buckle up, but make sure the belt sits correctly over your chest and shoulder (and the lower belt sits on your hips, not your stomach).

5. Mirrors: Check the side view mirrors and the rearview mirror. Adjust them if needed.

6. Items in the Back: Make sure no items in the back seat or the rear floorboards can roll into the front.

7. Dash Indicators: Make sure that all the indicators that should light up on the dash do so when you crank the engine.