Q: What factors affect satellite radio reception in a 2012 Ford Escape?

What factors affect satellite radio reception?

While your satellite radio (if equipped) isn’t affected by as many factors as the AM and FM bands, there are a few things that you should know:

• Hills, buildings, tunnels and even metal roofs (like those at the gas station over the pumps) will block the signal from the satellite. The signal will return when you are no longer in range of the obstacle.

• Any obstruction on the satellite radio antenna, including snow and ice, will affect radio reception. You’ll need to remove the obstruction to return radio signal to normal.

• Ground-based radio stations can occasionally overwhelm the signal from the satellite, particularly if you drive past a broadcast tower. In this instance, there will be no sound from the radio until you’re out of range of the interference.

• What factors affect satellite radio reception in a 2012 Ford Escape?