Q: What else needs to be replaced with the water pump and timing belt kit? Tensioner, cam shaft seals, springs,fans ? I need to know

Mechanic says if i replace timing belt and water pump kit with parts purchased from them if the spring or belt pops it can damage the engine and they cover it but if I bring my own parts they don't. Is this just a scare tactic and what are all the parts that should be replaced with it?

Hi Mr. S. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Although each manufacturer recommends different procedures for replacing the water pump and timing belt, it is generally best practices to replace the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, and tensioners for Infinity V6 engines. It’s also a good idea to install a new timing belt cover and gasket. Some mechanics also recommend replacing the main crankshaft seal at the same time, especially if there is excessive damage or wear and tear. You might want to review this link to review what is included in our repair service.

3. What else needs to be replaced with the water pump and timing belt kit? Tensioner, cam shaft seals, springs,fans ? I need to know