Q: What drains my new battery

Ive got a 1985 opel kadet cub. Recently ive changed the brushes on the altenator. A week after that my wife says she has to push start the car every morning and every night when she goes home. She also says thhe indicators and wipers also just stopped working. Can you please let me know what i can do or where the problem is? I think i must just put the old brushes back in and see if the new brushes isnt faulty

If your wife is able to push start the car and it continues to run, the alternator may be working. If it is not, eventually it will no longer be possible to push start the car. It may be that the battery is not holding a charge or that something is draining it while it is parked. As for the indicators and wipers, that may or may not be related. The two are likely on the same fuse so you should give the fuses a look.

Another problem with old electrical systems is the ground connections. Your car has a number of ground wires bolted to the engine and the body, and as the car ages, these connections can corrode and loose their effectiveness. Electrical current seeking a ground and not finding it can cause all manner of electrical problems. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s battery issues and diagnose any repairs necessary.

3. What drains my new battery