Q: What does the Side Air Bag Off indicator mean on?

What does the Side Air Bag Off indicator mean on?

A: The Side Air Bag Off indicator on your dash...

The Side Air Bag Off indicator on your dash will come on to tell you that the air bag located in the side of the passenger front seat has been turned off. It might be turned off for several different reasons. Here are some of the most common:

1. The passenger is leaning into the path of the air bag (the passenger should sit back, straight in the seat).

2. The passenger is too small and the air bag has been turned off to prevent injury.

3. The system is running a self-check. This should only occur when you first crank the engine. The light should go out soon afterward.