Q: What does the Seat Belt light and warning chime signify?

What does the Seat Belt light and warning chime signify?

Your car is designed to provide several different visual and audible warnings depending on what’s going on in the vehicle. The Seat Belt light in the dash is designed to come on under specific circumstances. It may or may not be accompanied by a warning chime. Here’s what you need to know:

• If the driver’s seat belt isn’t buckled and the engine is cranked, the warning light will come on. It will stay on for up to two minutes. The warning chime will sound for about eight seconds.

• If the driver’s seat belt is buckled while the warning light is on, the light will go off immediately.

• If the driver’s seat belt is buckled before the ignition is cranked, you won’t hear the warning chime or see the light in the dash.

3. What does the Seat Belt light and warning chime signify?