Q: what does the coil actually do? or used for?

just wondering what the coil does & what it does & when do you know it needs replacing?

3. what does the coil actually do? or used for?

Q: Failed smog test. OBD-II monitors not ready. Needs to be reset

Hello. If your monitors are showing not ready, then that is because the computer was recently reset or the battery may have been replaced. If either of these occurred, then there is a specific amount of driving that needs to...

Q: My car needs a service b for 40000 miles but I don't have enough money to do it all at once what should I get done first?

Service A and B both require an oil change and that is very important. The B service also includes a number of body and chassis checks. At 40K miles, it's not uncommon to need brake work, so you need to...

Q: Engine coil keeps going bad

Hello there. This is more of an uncommon issue. A few different faults could cause the coil packs to fail. Most common would be not replacing all the coils at once, a wiring fault, or an ignition fault. Since you...