Q: what does the coil actually do? or used for?

just wondering what the coil does & what it does & when do you know it needs replacing?

3. what does the coil actually do? or used for?

Q: Would a map sensor make your car not hold idle and die , I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota with a 4.7 v8

Yes a MAP sensor can cause this problem. The sensor controls how much load is on the engine and will cause the rich running condition. I have never known one that can be cleaned and fix the problem. I recommend...

Q: Guages not working

Hi. It sounds like you may be onto something. When the gears on the speedometer cable wear out, it is unable to calculate the vehicle speed and display it on the instrument cluster. In rare cases, the cluster itself will...

Q: Power Steering leak from passenger side.

The power steering pump and high pressure hose is on the left side, and the steering gear has boots on both sides that could leak. The most common failure is the high pressure hose is leaking. The system would need...