Q: What does the automatic lighting off feature do?

What does the automatic lighting off feature do?

The auto off function is a safety precaution designed to help prevent you from killing the battery if you leave your lights on after turning off the engine. Anyone who’s ever forgotten to turn the switch off knows just how frustrating it can be. Here’s how the system works:

1. If your headlights are on, they will automatically turn off within 15 seconds of you removing the key from the ignition and closing the driver side front door.

2. The lights will stay on for about 10 minutes if you turn the ignition to lock but don’t open a door. If the headlights are set to auto, they will only stay on for about 3 minutes.

3. Your car’s lights come on when you unlock the door, but if you don’t open the door within 15 seconds, they’ll turn back off again.