Q: What does it mean if you are in Africa but still see the warning message: "Possible Ice. Drive with care"?

I sometimes see the message"Posible Ice. Drive with Care"? the AirCon seizes for a whole day when the message appears.

Most likely, this means the external, ambient air sensor has failed completely, or the wiring to this sensor has been cut. Checking this circuit will show it to be "open", that is, infinite resistance. The vehicle computer "sees" this as very cold (-40 or similar), and triggers the message you see. That sensor is mounted low down on the front ductwork for brakes and radiator, and is often damaged by curbs, stones, or other debris.

I would recommend having a ambient air temperature sensor replacement service completed by a professional mechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. What does it mean if you are in Africa but still see the warning message: "Possible Ice. Drive with care"?