Q: What does it mean if the antilock brake system light comes on in the dash?

What does it mean if the antilock brake system light comes on in the dash?

Your car is equipped with two brake systems. You have your standard brakes, which engage every time you press the brake pedal. You also have an antilock brake system (ABS). This system engages only during certain types of hard stops. It’s designed to help prevent the wheels from locking up, which might send you into an uncontrolled skid. If the ABS light in the dash comes on, it means that the car’s computer has detected a problem with either the ABS or the brake assist systems. Both will be turned off. You will still have normal braking though. Have your car inspected as soon as possible.

• What does it mean if the antilock brake system light comes on in the dash?