Q: What do the various terms mean on a tire’s sidewall?

What do the various terms mean on a tire’s sidewall?

The tires of your Accord include a lot of important information, from the tire size to the load and speed ratings. Understanding what these terms mean will help you drive safely and choose the right placement tires. Here’s a quick rundown:

• Load Rating – This number is the max load for the tire at correct inflation.

• Max Inflation Pressure – This is the maximum PSI the tire can hold, not what you should set it at. Use the PSI information on the driver side door placard.

• Maximum Load Rating – This is the max load for the tire at maximum PSI.

• Recommended Inflation – This is the tire manufacturer’s recommended PSI for the tire.

• Tread Wear Indicators – These are raised rubber sections in the grooves of your tread. When they show, it’s time to replace the tire.

3. What do the various terms mean on a tire’s sidewall?